Last Modified on October 25, 2022.
Scope & Introduction
Please note that any content posted by you onto the Site, including but not limited to reviews, photos, videos, questions, answers, or profile updates, becomes published content and is publicly available for anyone in the world to view. Eldercare Navigators will display this content on the Site and may distribute it through other third-party sites and services in its sole discretion.
Information Eldercare Navigators Collects
In the last twelve months, Eldercare Navigators has collected the following types of personal information from the following sources:
Information Eldercare Navigators receives from you:
- Registration. You provide us with personal information when you register on the Site and update your account. This information may include: first and last name, geographic location, email address username and password.
- Form Completion. You may also provide us with your personal information when you voluntarily fill in forms on our Site.
- Purchases & Promotions. When you purchase paid products or services or participate in giveaways or sweepstakes within the Site, you may provide us with personal information in order to process your payment or entry. As explained below, we use a third-party payment processor to process payments on our behalf and we never have access to, store or collect your payment card details
- User Interactions. You may provide personal information through communications or chats with other users on the Site. You understand that other users may contact you through direct messages and comments on the Site. Any messages that you send to other users through the Site may not be private or confidential if either you or the recipient of the message discloses it to another person or chooses to publicly post it. In addition, Eldercare Navigators may monitor these messages and not deliver any messages that Eldercare Navigators in its sole discretion, believes to be spam, fraudulent or otherwise violative of the Eldercare Navigators Terms of Service or Code of Conduct.
- Other Interactive Features. You also provide Eldercare Navigators with your information when you use certain features on the Site, such as submitting reviews, comments, questions and other postings on the Site (“User Contributions”). You understand that your User Contributions are published or displayed on public areas of the Site or transmitted to other users of the Site. Your username (not your email address) is displayed to other users when you post User Contributions to the Site. If you use your first or last name as part of your username or your username is discoverable on the internet, then you are making this personal information publicly available and understand that other users may view this personal information and may be able to identify you from this personal information. Eldercare Navigators cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with respect to your User Contributions.
- Troubleshooting & Bug Reporting. You may also provide us with your personal information when you report a problem with our Site.
Information Eldercare Navigators collects automatically:
- Log File Information. When you use the Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages and the date and time of your requests. Eldercare Navigators collects this information in order to improve the Site.
- Location Information and Device Information. When you access the Site from a mobile device or tablet, we may be able to collect your location information if this feature is enabled on your device or provided via Device ID or unique identifier. In addition, if you are accessing the Site from your computer, we may be able to collect the general location information associated with your IP address. Eldercare Navigators uses this information to show you content relevant to your geographic location.
Information Eldercare Navigators receives from other sources:
How Eldercare Navigators Uses Information
Eldercare Navigators uses the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us for a range of different business purposes. We use your personal information to track usage of the Site, to market the Site, to improve the Site features and functionality, to back up our systems and to provide customer support. Our legal basis for processing your personal information is to carry out our legal obligations, to fulfill a contract with you, to protect your vital interests, for our legitimate business interests, to provide you with notices, and for other purposes with your consent.
We use your personal information:
- To provide our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide customer support, including responding to your requests and contacting you about the requests.
- To provide other services requested by you, such as to connect you to other users or health care providers on the Site. If you send direct messages or electronic messages through Eldercare Navigators to other users, please note that Eldercare Navigators may store these messages in order to deliver them and allow you or the recipient of the message to manage them. When contacting you to connect you to health care providers on the Site, Eldercare Navigators may contact you via email, SMS/text messages or by telephone. Message and data rates may apply.
- To monitor the usage of our Site, improve the quality and design of the Site, and create new features, functionality, and services.
- To investigate illegal activities on the Site or activities that violate our Terms of Service.
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues, and improve the security of our Site.
- To validate the authenticity of and display the reviews and other content provided by you to other users.
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Site.
- To customize advertising, you may see on our Site.
- To contact you by email in order to offer you special promotions or poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires.
- To contact you by email or through your account to notify you of major Site changes.
- To measure the performance of email marketing campaigns.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- To fulfill any other purposes for which you provide it.
With your consent, which you may withdraw at any time, Eldercare Navigators also uses your personal information:
- To send commercial or marketing messages.
- To provide you with a personalized user experience by showing you content relevant for your geographic location.
- To customize advertising, you may see on third party websites.
- To provide you with marketing from third parties.
- For any other purpose, with your consent.
When Eldercare Navigators Discloses Information
Third Party Service Providers
In the last twelve months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Protected classification characteristics under state or federal law
- Internet or other similar network activity
- Geolocation data
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with the products or services we provide to you.
We do not sell your personal information.
We do share anonymous aggregated user data (such as usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Site.
Fulfill Your Requests
We will always use your personal information to fulfill the purpose for which it had been requested. For example, if you submit your first and last name, email address, telephone number, questions or comments through a form on a specific health care provider’s profile page, then Eldercare Navigators will disclose this information to the health care provider or other professionals identified on the form. In addition, if you submit your mobile phone number through such a form, then you understand and consent to Eldercare Navigators and/or the health care provider or other professional sending you text messages. You understand that standard text messaging fees and data rates may apply. Eldercare Navigators will provide transparency and state the purpose and terms at the point of collection of such information, and the information you provide through such forms will not be used by Eldercare Navigators for any other purpose.
We do not share your personal information (such as name or email address) with other third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
Legal Requests and to Comply with State and Federal Laws
We may disclose personal information if such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, to comply with state and federal laws or to respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant. Eldercare Navigators may disclose any of your messages or other content as part of our investigations into the use and operation of the Site.
Eldercare Navigators also reserves the right to disclose personal information that Eldercare Navigators believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations, to protect the security or integrity of the Site, and to protect the vital interests, property, or personal safety of Eldercare Navigators, our users or others.
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that Eldercare Navigators is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from you as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors rights generally, we may not be able to control how your information is treated, transferred, or used.
Eldercare Navigators strives to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us, and we understand that you have rights in your personal information such as: the right to access, correct, delete, object to and restrict the use of your personal information. We also understand that you have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information from us and to withdraw your consent of the processing of your personal information by us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your personal information:
Consumer Rights and Access
- General. You can choose not to provide personal information through our Site, in which case Eldercare Navigators may not be able to provide certain services to you or respond to your requests.
- Access, Changes, & Deletion. You can access, review and change your personal information by logging into your account on the Site and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at in**@el*****************.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. In some cases, we may not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account.
- Eldercare Navigators Emails. If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by us to promote our Site or other products or services, you can opt-out at any time by logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request to in**@el*****************.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe to receive future emails via the unsubscribe link in that email.
- Copy of Personal Information. You may also request a copy of your personal information that you have provided to us directly by sending an email to in**@el*****************.com. We will provide you a copy of your personal information in a commonly used electronic form.
- Closing Accounts. You may also close your account by contacting Eldercare Navigators at in**@el*****************.com. Eldercare Navigators will disassociate your User Contributions from your account. However, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Site users. In addition, Eldercare Navigators will continue to retain certain information about you in accordance with the privacy practices in this policy or if required to do so as a result of a legal obligation. This provision does not apply to the accounts of doctors and other service providers, as Eldercare Navigators will continue to display public provider information for the benefit of consumers regardless of whether an account with Eldercare Navigators is open or closed.
Account Verification and Process
In order to fulfill the above requests, Eldercare Navigators may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. We endeavor to respond to verifiable consumer requests within 30 days of receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and the anticipated additional amount of time required. Further, your right to access your personal information may not apply in some cases, including where providing access is unreasonably burdensome or expensive under the circumstances, where such requests are too frequent (requests for a copy of your personal data are typically limited to two times per year), or where it would violate the rights of someone other than the individual requesting access.
Advertising and Analytics
If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements, for analytics or remarketing services, then you may opt-out as described below.
- Eldercare Navigators currently uses Google AdWords, which is a remarketing service provided by Google. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads settings page at: http://www.google.com/settings/ads. In addition, Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on for your web browser, which is available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. This tool provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
Retention of Personal Information
Other Important Information
Our Commitment to Data Security
Eldercare Navigators uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. For example, to protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Site and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, Eldercare Navigators makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of your information. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If Eldercare Navigators learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Eldercare Navigators may post a notice on the Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us using at in**@el*****************.com
Protecting the privacy of children is important to Eldercare Navigators. For that reason, Eldercare Navigators does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 18 years of age, and no part of the Site is directed to persons under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use or access the Site at any time or in any manner. If Eldercare Navigators learns that personal information of persons under 18 years of age has been collected without verified parental consent, then Eldercare Navigators will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Visiting the Site from outside the United States
Call Monitoring and Recording
Telephone calls to or from Eldercare Navigators may be recorded and monitored by us. Eldercare Navigators may record and monitors telephone calls for user support services and for staff training purposes. Eldercare Navigators retains the recordings for a reasonable period of time in order to fulfill the purpose for which the telephone calls were recorded and then the recordings are deleted.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Eldercare Navigators currently does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals because there is not an industry or legal standard for such signals.
Eldercare Navigators does not use any personal information provided by you for the purposes of automated decision-making.
Links to Other Sites
How You Can Contact Us
Your right to file a complaint with a data supervisory authority about our privacy practices remains unaffected.